If you need to separate items from a check and Split by Position will not work for your needs, you can use talech's Split & Merge feature.
Split & Merge will remove selected items from one ticket and place it in a new or existing ticket.
Ex: A customer see's a friend at a restaurant/bar and would like to pick up the check for their friend; and you don't want to swipe a card twice.
To do a Split/Merge:
- Open the tickets that requires items to be moved
- Select the Edit option
- Select Split & Merge
- Select the item(s) to remove from the ticket, then select Next
- You can choose from:
- an existing order (Move to an existing Open Order)
- New Order (Move items to a new order)
- A confirmation screen will appear
- Select Split to complete the transaction
- Select Back if adjustments need to be made
Once you have completed your split/merge, you can close out the transactions as normal.