With the implementation of Elavon’s new payment SDK a new iCMP firmware was also introduced which introduces a new pairing process.
The new Elavon Commerce SDK was introduced in talech version 4.7.1
The issue: The new iCMP firmware introduces a new pairing process. Many iCMPs come from the distributor with the default Serial Interface setting that changes the pairing process after the reader’s firmware is updated.
NOTE: Once the Firmware is updated the iCMP cannot be used on earlier versions of talech with the old Elavon SDK (ie. 4.6.8 and below).
1. If the reader is setup with Serial Interface this will need to be changed to the Bluetooth interface via the Change Port button (F2) .
2. Use the F2 button to scroll down to Bluetooth. Press Green button to select.
3. Select Save from the Bluetooth interface screen. This will cause the reader to reboot.
4. Once rebooted the conventional BT Pairing Required screen will be
identical to the pairing process associated with the previous firmware.
Then select the name of the BT device that needs to be paired.
Followed by entering the PIN that the iCMP generates onto the iPad.
Troubleshooting "This Lane Closed" error on iCMP
(How to remove paired devices)
1. Tap the F button 4 times for iCMP options.
2. Press F2 to "Change Interface" and make sure device is set to Bluetooth.
3. Press F3 to "Change Settings" and select "Unpair" if it's connected. Then tap F1 to "Save" , which should reboot.
4. Press F1 for iOS and continue through the standard pairing process.
5. Once connected, check Back Office->Settings->Card Reader->Ingenico iCMP (EMV Enabled) is selected.
6. Start a transaction on the Register app and it may prompt to update or show "Insert, Swipe or Tap Card" .
Note : Within the function menu, pressing the Red button now takes you back instead of the Yellow button.