This article will outline the process of connecting your Star Micronics mPOP cash drawer/receipt printer to your iPad talech POS. For detailed steps on setting up your mPOP device and additional information, see the online manual here.
- Compatible with talech for iPad / iOS devices only
- talech Register app version 4.7.11+
Pairing mPOP to iPad
1. Ensure the mPOP is powered on.
2. Open iPad Settings and select Bluetooth.
3. If necessary, toggle Bluetooth from Off to On.
4. Look for a device named "STAR mPOP-xxxxx" and select it.
5. When the connection is completed, "Connected" will appear next to the device name.
If you experience issues connecting the mPOP to your iPad, please see these troubleshooting steps from Star Micronics.
Adding mPOP to talech
After you've successfully completed the Bluetooth pairing, the next step is to configure the mPOP within talech POS.
1. Open talech Register and login as Admin or Manager.
2. From the Dashboard, select Back Office > Settings > Printers.
3. Press the Auto Detect button. Wait while we scan for compatible devices.
4. If successful, a printer named "BT: mPOP" will appear in your list of printers.
5. Select "Customer Receipt Printer" and ensure "BT: mPOP" is selected.
That's it! Your mPOP is ready to use with talech POS.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
Q: How do I connect my barcode reader?
A: See Set Up Barcode Reader on the Star Micronics website.
Q: Receipts are not printing and/or the cash drawer is not popping open.
A: Ensure the following are true:
- mPOP device is powered on.
- mPOP device is connected via Bluetooth to iPad.
- mPOP is set as talech's Customer Receipt Printer.