Link 2500 Required Firmware Update for Elavon Merchants:
If you are an Elavon Merchant and have a Link/2500 Card Reader, you will be required to Update your Card Reader when you update to talech Register 5.2.0. This Update is Required, you will NOT be able to Accept a Payment until your Link/2500 Card Reader has been updated.
Before you begin the Firmware Update you want to ensure your talech Register is up to date with the most recent version of 5.2.0 and above.
How to Update the talech Register Version to 5.2.0 and above:
- Go to Back Office > Select Help > Update
Important details to know:
- Be aware that you will NOT be able to use your payment Reader with talech Register 5.2.0. and above until you have performed this update.
- It is recommended to perform the firmware update outside of your business hours.
- Ensure your Card Reader is fully charged or connected to a power source before beginning the update.
- To Begin the Update process follow the instructions below.
How to Update Link/2500 Firmware:
Step 1: Attempt a payment transaction as you normally would, and your Card Reader will be prompted to update.
Note: The update process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Step 2: During the update, your Card Reader may reboot several times. Do Not Interrupt the update or Power off your Card Reader during the update. Doing so may result in unrecoverable damage to your Card Reader.
Step 3: Please be patient and wait until your Card Reader prompts for a card to be Inserted, Swiped, or Tapped.
Final Step: Once the update is finished, you will see this message on your iPad, and your Card Reader will be prompting for a card. Cancel the transaction on the Card Reader by pressing the Red X button.
To confirm the update was successful Restart the Reader and check if UPP 5.08.08 shows up on the copyright screen.
The update is taking longer than 30 min to update, or shows Alert Eruption
- Ensure more than 30 has passed since the update, to avoid interrupting the Reader.
- Force close all apps (Press home button twice > Swipe all apps to top of screen > Press home button again)
- Restart your Card Reader (Press and hold the power button, then wait till reader fully boots up)
- Confirm your Reader is connected in Bluetooth Settings. (iPad settings > Bluetooth > check for link/2500 connected)
- Try update again
Reader shows alert eruption after booting up:
- This indicates that the Reader might have been interrupted during the update.
- If Reader continues to show alert eruption after Restarting Reader, please contact our Support Team to advise on the next steps.
Q: How do I know if I will be required to update my payment device?
A: If you are running talech Register on an iPad, are processing payments through Elavon, and are using one of the following card readers, you will need to update the device's firmware:
Q: How do I control when I can update my readers?
A: The only way to control when you wish to update your reader is to disable automatic app downloads on your iPad. This will allow you to manually download the latest version of the talech Register and proceed to update the software on your payment reader during non-business hours. We recommend you re-enable automatic app downloads once the payment reader update is complete. For instructions on how to disable automatic downloads on your iPad, click here.