- iPad (with iOS 9 or higher)
- talech Register for iPad (version 4.8.2 or higher)
Before you begin, ensure that you meet the system requirements listed above. We also recommend fully charging your Link/2500 reader before the initial setup and pairing. The charging port is located behind a rubber flap on the right-side of the device.
Note: talech POS supports a Bluetooth connection to the Link/2500 card reader. At this time, we do not support communication to the terminal over WiFi.
Bluetooth Pairing Procedure
Begin by ensuring your Link/2500 is fully charged and powered on. (Hold the green button on the keypad to power on the Link/2500.)
1. Quickly enter
0001 on the keypad to put the Link/2500 into Bluetooth pairing mode.
2. The screen should change to "BT Pairing Required." Press F1 to pair. The Link/2500 will now become discoverable and its name will be shown on the display. The device name will appear as LK2500_XXXXXXXX (unique to each device.)
3. On your iPad, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth is enabled, and look for LK2500_XXXXXXXX in the nearby devices list. Select LK2500_XXXXXXXX to pair to it. Confirm that the Bluetooth pairing PIN shown on the iPad matches the PIN shown on the Link/2500.
4. If Bluetooth pairing is successful, the Link/2500 will appear as a connected device, and a "Welcome" message will be displayed on its display.
talech POS Setup
1. After Bluetooth pairing is completed, launch talech Register on your iPad and sign in as Administrator.
2. From the talech Dashboard screen, navigate to Back Office > Settings > General > Payment > Card Reader.
3. Select Link 2500 as your card reader.
4. That's it! Your Link/2500 is ready to accept payments on talech POS.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us.