This article will walk you through setting up the Star Micronics mC-Print3 for use with talech POS. At this time, this printer can only be used on iPad.
For advanced details on installing the printer, please refer to the official online manual published by Star Micronics.
talech POS supports connection to this printer over Bluetooth or LAN (Ethernet.) This article will walk you through connecting the printer via both interfaces. Please note
Connecting to iPad via Bluetooth
- Start by ensuring the mC-Print3 is powered on. When powered on, the mC-Print3 is discoverable over Bluetooth.
- Open your iPad's Settings app, and select Bluetooth. If necessary, turn Bluetooth on.
- The printer should appear as a nearby Bluetooth device, with the name (mC-Print3-XXXXX.)
- Select the printer to begin the pairing attempt. If pairing is successful, "Connected" will be displayed next to the device name.
If you experience difficulties connecting to the device, please see the official printer manual, or contact talech support.
Connecting to LAN
- Connect a LAN cable to your network. Typically, the LAN cable is connected to the same router that is providing WiFi for your iPads.
- Connect the other end of the LAN cable to the Ethernet port located on the printer.
- Optional: perform a "self-print" to determine the IP address of your printer.
Setting up Printer in talech POS
- On your iPad, sign in to talech POS as an Administrator. From Dashboard, navigate to Back Office > Settings > Printers.
- Press the Auto Detect button. talech will scan your network and connected Bluetooth devices for compatible printers. Any printers that are located will appear as Available.
For more details on setting up and configuring printers in talech, please see: Printers - General & Advanced Settings.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
Q: How do I reset the printer to factory default settings?
A: Turn the printer off and follow this process:
- Insert a pen or a fine point tool into the RESET hole on the back of printer. While holding down the RESET button, press and release the POWER button.
- Continue holding down the RESET button until the green Network LED on the front of printer flashes. Release the RESET button once the green Network LED is flashing.
- Press the feed button to select which communication interface(s) you would like to reset. (LAN, Bluetooth, or both)
- Once the desired interface is blinking, hold down the FEED button to confirm selection.
- The printer will be re-initialized with factory default settings.
Additional details about factory resetting your printer can be found here.
Q: What are the paper roll specifications for the mC-Print3?
A: Thermal receipt paper. Paper width: 79.5±0.5 (mm) OR when using attached paper roll guide: 57.5±0.5 (mm), Maximum roll diameter: 83mm. Further details here.
Q: How do I perform a self-print, to check basic information about the printer?
A: Follow this process to perform a self-print:
- Turn the printer off.
- While holding down the FEED button, press and release the POWER button.
- Release the FEED button once self-printing has started.