This article provides a general overview of the Inventory section of the Register application, and all features that are included. Such features include:
- Updating Inventory Quantities
- Printing Barcodes
- Conducting a Stock Take (Premium)
- The in app Inventory Log (Premium)
This article will also cover the differences between the Inventory sections between an iPad and an Android device, such as the Poynt or Moby.
To get to the Inventory section from the Register:
- Navigate to the Dashboard > Back Office > Inventory
To access the Inventory section, you must have the permission Inventory and Stock Take enabled.
For a product to appear in the Inventory section, Inventory Tracking must be enabled on the product. This can be updated on talech.com or within the Register application.
Updating Inventory Quantities:
The Inventory section allows to manually update multiple products inventory quantities without having to view products individually in the Back Office Menu.
To change the quantity, simply tap the Blue Quantity value to prompt the keyboard, enter in the new value, and dismiss the keyboard. Once the keyboard is dismissed, the Quantity will be updated.
This is available to all feature tiers, such as Starter, Standard, and Premium.
For those who have the Epson TM L-90 sticky printer, there is an option to print barcodes directly from the application. This is available to all feature tiers, such as Starter, Standard, and Premium.
To see the steps to print barcodes, click here.
Note: This feature is currently only available on iPads. Android devices are not supported.
Stock Take (Premium):
Stock take is a Premium feature which allows users to change the quantity of multiple items at once, and be recorded in a report found on www.talech.com.
To see how to complete a Stock Take, click here.
In App Inventory Log (Premium):
The Inventory Log is a feature which shows product actions over a period of time. Examples of such actions include:
- Enabling Inventory Tracking
- Stock Take
- Manually Changing Quantity
The in app Inventory log will only show one product at a time for up to 90 days at a time. The talech website offers a more robust Inventory Log report. It will show multiple products over a broader time span.
To read more about the In App Inventory Log, click here.
Differences between Android and iPad devices:
Between Apple and Android, the core flows are the same. However the some of the steps and available features are a little different. Here are a list of the main differences between the 2 platforms:
- There is an additional Edit button to adjust the inventory quantity. This will open all products to be edited at once instead of completing this one by one. Once all edits have been made, press the Save button and all of the quantities will be updated at once.
- Android does not currently support printing barcodes on the Epson TM L-90 printer. This may be expanded on in the future, but currently this can only be completed on an iPad.
- There is no printable Stock Take report on Android Devices. After completing a Stock Take on an iPad, there is an option to Print a brief report oh the items changed. This is not supported on Android devices. To see the Stock Take report, please use www.talech.com instead.