This article will guide you through understanding the Employee Beaks settings, which is available to view on talech.com. Note: This is only supported for iOS registers.
How to configure what breaks employees can take, navigate to:
talech.com > Settings > Employees > Overtime and Breaks.
In this section, you can configure both your overtime rules (by hours per day, days per week or both) and breaks. Each break has four attributes:
- Enabled: determines whether to allow employee to take specified break.
- Duration: determines the length of time an employee can be on break.
- Type: either paid or unpaid.
- Frequency: how frequently an employee can take this break.
Creating a Break
To create a break follow the instructions below.
1. Go to talech.com.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Select Employees and chose Overtime and Breaks.
4. Select '+ Add a break', Next specify the type and duration of a new break.
5. Click the left checkbox to enable it.
- Specify the length (in minutes) of the break.
- Indicate whether this is a paid or unpaid break.
- Specify the frequency (in hours) the break can be taken.
If you wish to add another break, click "+ Add a break" and repeat the above steps.
6. Click the 'Save' button in the top right hand corner of the page.
Editing a Break
To edit a break, change the values you wish and click the save button in the top right hand corner of the page.
Note: You can also follow the "Employee Break Clock-in & Clock-out" guide to understand how to clock-in and clock-out.