This article will provide you step by step instructions on how to pair your Link 2500 card reader to talech Mobile. You can also review the video to follow the pairing process.
Step by Step Instructions
First, make sure Bluetooth is in the turned ON position from your iPhone settings. Below is a quick step by step on how to enable your iPhone Bluetooth setting.
Enable iPhone Bluetooth Settings:
- Step 1: Sign In to your iPhone
- Step 2: Go to Settings
- Step 3: Select Bluetooth, Next you ensure the Bluetooth setting is toggled to the ON position. Once this is completed you can then continue to pair your Link/2500 to talech Mobile.
talech Mobile Pairing Settings:
- Step 1: Log into talech Mobile and go to the home page on the app.
- Step 2: Select Settings
- Step 3: Select Card Readers
- Step 4: Choose the Plus symbol on the bottom right. Choose the Card Reader that is relevant for you.
- Step 5: You can follow the prompts that follow, or you can also reference "How to Pair your talech Mobile to Link/2500" below.
How to pair your talech Mobile to Link/2500
Step 1: Turn on the Link/2500 card reader by pressing and holding the Green button.
Step 2: Press 0001 to put the Link/2500 in pairing mode. “BT Pairing Required” will now display on the screen.
Step 3: Confirm that there is a Bluetooth icon displayed in the left corner of the Link/2500 screen.
Step 4: Select PAIR by pressing F1 to continue at the bottom left corner of your Link/2500
Step 5: Navigate to Bluetooth settings on your iPhone. Select the device name from the list that matches the one displayed on your Link/2500.
Troubleshooting your Link/2500
Firmware Update: Now that your Card Reader is paired, before starting to make any transactions with your Customers it is recommended to update the Firmware of your reader beforehand. Please know this Firmware Update can take up to 20 mins to complete the update.
- You can do a test payment and you will be prompted to update your Reader.
- Or it will automatically occur when you try to do a New Payment in talech Register.
NOTE: As the update is taking place Please refrain from using the iPad/phone or card reader in the meantime. If the update is disturbed it can damage the firmware.
Card Reader Connection Failed Error:
Not Seeing a Bluetooth Icon?
Follow the instructions below to turn on Bluetooth.
- To turn on Bluetooth, press 0003 to open the Admin Menu.
- Open Bluetooth settings by selecting 3
- Turn Bluetooth on by selecting 1, press the red X to exit the admin menu