This article will guide you through setting up your printer, with your talech Register device.
Before proceeding, please make sure that you have the following:
- You have completed the setup of your respective Printer.
- You have the required level of access, Manager or Admin, to access the Settings in the Talech Register.
This article applies to any with the following criteria:
Table of Contents:
- Automatically add a printer to the talech Register
- Manually add a printer to the talech Register
- Additional Printer settings in Talech
- Changing a printers name in Talech
- Selecting a printer to print Receipts
Automatically add a printer to the talech Register
Below are instructions to add your printer to talech Register.
2. Select Dashboard in the top right hand corner.
3. Next select Back Office.
4. Select Settings.
5. Along the left hand side, select the Printers
6. You will be presented with another screen to Select the Auto Detect.
The printer should appear with an IP address, for an ethernet connected printer, or with a name preceded with BT for Bluetooth connected printers.
Note: Bluetooth printers are currently only supported with a talech Register operating from an iPad. They cannot be used with any android device.
If there are Printers listed in the Printers section, you will see a message that will either say, Available or Not Available, depending on whether or not the Talech Register can communicate with the Printer.
Moby Ethernet Printer
Before completing these steps your Moby must be set up, for that you can follow the link: Moby C150 Setup Guide
1. Connect Wifi or Ethernet (Preferred)
2. Install register app via Chrome. Step by Step Guide for Installation - Installing talech Register to Moby
3. Ensure all permissions are approved and confirmed. Test hardware to ensure connections are successful.
Manually add a printer to the talech Register
Auto-detect can take up to several minutes depending on the number of printers and configuration of your network. You can also tap the [ + ] button to add a printer manually.
Select the correct printer model from the list provided. If you have selected a network printer, you will then be able to enter the IP address of the printer.
In the case of Network connected printers, you will need to retrieve the IP address from the printer first.
Additional Printer settings in Talech
Now that your printer is connected to talech, you can change settings on each individual printer, if you are using more than one, based on what they will be used for.
Changing a printers name in Talech
Follow the step by step instructions below to change the name of a printer.
2. Select the Name, erase the information already in the field and enter an applicable name.
3. Once a new name has been entered you can then select Save to complete the change.
Selecting a printer to print Receipts
Follow the instructions below to Select which printer will be used as your Receipt printer.
NOTE: You will then be presented with a list of all printer names that are currently set up with your system.
2. Select the printer name from the list and a check mark will appear beside it. Once the check mark appears, the selection is automatically saved.
3. Select the back button at the top of the screen to return to the Printers setup screen.
You can find more information on the printers supported by talech in the following article: Supported printers