This article will guide "EAP Merchants" on How you can enable Invoices as well as How to create an Invoice for your customer(s).
If you like to find information on what Invoices are and how you can use them we recommend that you Start Here: Invoice Overview.
Important to Note: Currently creating and paying Invoices can only be done through talech.com. We are working on adding Invoice functionality in the talech Register and talech Mobile in the near future.
EAP: How to Enable Invoices:
Before you begin: Ensure you are logged in to talech.com.
Merchants will receive an invitation letter to invite them to EAP-Invoices. From there the Merchants will follow the instructions on How to enable and access Invoices.
When the Merchant logs into talech.com for the first time. They will see a User License Agreement they will need to accept before being able to use Invoices.
How to Create an Invoice:
Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: From talech.com Select Invoice View
Step 2: Select (+) to create an Invoice
Note: You can save a working draft of your Invoice at any time, by pressing the save as draft button at the bottom of the Invoice page.
Step 3: Add Customer and Select Terms
- a. Customer
- Search for an existing customer by start typing 3 letters or more
- or, add a new customer by selecting the "+ Add new customer" option.
- b. Email address
- If an existing customer already has an email in the customer profile, it is automatically pre-filled for you
- If there is no email present, you can enter an email address, and check "Update customer primary email" if you also want to update the customer profile (optional)
- You can also enter a cc email if your customer would like to receive the Invoice on a different email (e.g. accountant)
- c. Select the duration of a term, or click on the due date if you would like to set a custom date.
- Terms = is the amount of time the Invoice is expected to be paid off.
- Due Date = is the Date the Invoice is due.
- d. Click on Customer Business Info or Customer Address to confirm they are correct
- This information is optional
- However, please do not leave a partial address. Either enter a full address or leave it empty
- Optionally, you can check the "Update company name" and "Update customer address" to indicate that you want to update this information on the customer profile.
Step 4: Add Items to an Invoice.
- a. Tap on add items and search for your products
- select an existing item from your menu
- or, add a New Product by selecting the "Add a New Product" option.
- b. Optional( Add any Discounts)
- c. Optional (Add any Service Charges)
- d. Add any notes to the order if you would like
Step 5: Once you have added your customer and items, select the Send Invoice option
Important to Know:
1. You must have a customer, a customer's email, and at least one item for the Send button to turn Green.
2. Once you click Send, you will have another opportunity to review your Invoice and confirm send.
Your customer will then receive an Invoice to their email. The customer can View and Download the Invoice and Make a Payment (if the Merchant has"Pay" online is enabled).
3. Currently for EAP Merchants there are No Limitations to the number of Invoices you can send.
Note: To reference How to Review and Pay an Invoice click on the article link provided below.
How to Review and Pay Invoices Click HERE