This article will guide you on How you can create an Invoice for your customer(s). If you like to find information on what Invoices are and how you can use them we recommend that you
Start Here: Invoice Overview.
- Important to Note: Currently creating and paying Invoices can be done through talech.com, and Cardholders/Customers can pay for an Invoice using the payment link from the Invoice. You will need to enable the ability to accept online payments in settings at talech.com.
How to Create an Invoice:
Step 1: From talech.com Select Invoices.
Step 2: Select (+) to create an Invoice.
- Note: You can save a working draft of your Invoice at any time, by pressing the save as draft button at the bottom of the Invoice page.
Step 3: You will be presented with an Invoice to add a customer as well as selecting the terms for the Invoice.
- a. Customer
- Search for an existing customer by start typing 3 letters or more
- or, add a new customer by selecting the "+ Add new customer" option.
- b. Email address
- If an existing customer already has an email in the customer profile, it is automatically pre-filled for you
- If there is no email present, you can enter an email address, and check "Update customer primary email" if you also want to update the customer profile (optional)
- You can also enter a cc email if your customer would like to receive the Invoice on a different email (e.g. accountant)
- c. Select the duration of a term, or click on the due date if you would like to set a custom date.
- Terms = is the amount of time the Invoice is expected to be paid off.
- Due Date = is the Date the Invoice is due.
- d. Click on Customer Business Info or Customer Address to confirm they are correct
- This information is optional
- However, please do not leave a partial address. Either enter a full address or leave it empty
- Optionally, you can check the "Update company name" and "Update customer address" to indicate that you want to update this information on the customer profile.
Step 4: Add Items to an Invoice.
- a. Tap on add items and search for your products
- select an existing item from your menu
- or, add a New Product by selecting the "Add a New Product" option.
- b. Optional( Add any Discounts)
- c. Optional (Add any Service Charges)
- d. Add any notes to the order if you would like
Step 5: Once items have been added Select Send.
Important to Know:
1. You must have a customer, a customer's email, and at least one item for the Send button to turn Green.
2. Once you click Send, you will have another opportunity to review your Invoice and confirm send.
- Your customer will then receive an invoice to their email. They can View and Download the Invoice as well as Make a Payment (if the Merchant has"Pay" online is enabled).
Note: To reference How to Review and Pay an Invoice click on the article link provided below.
How to Review and Pay Invoices Click HERE