This article will guide you through understanding Employee Role functions as well as How to edit Roles and Employees.
Editing a Role:
Step 1: Log in to talech.com Go to Settings and then select Roles.
Step 2: Click on a role to bring up the role detail view.
Step 3. Change the role name, default wage rates, and permissions. Add or remove permissions by selecting or deselecting the checkbox next to the permission name. If you need an explanation of permission, here is a full list.
Step 4. Click Save
Step 5. You will be asked whether you would like to save changes to the role only, push changes to all employees, or overwrite all employees with this role.
- Save changes to the role only does not update existing employees
- Apply these changes to all employees updates ONLY the changes to the role and preserves all overrides.
- Apply role to all employees resets all employees with this role to the permission set you are saving.
If you make a change to a role, you will be asked whether they would like to save changes to the role only, push changes to all employees, or overwrite all employees with this role.
- Save changes to role only makes changes to the default role configuration and does not affect employees.
- Push changes to all employees make changes to the default role configuration and push changes to the role to all employees.
- Overwrite all employees assigned this role with the new permission set changes default role and replace any overrides with this definition.
Editing an Employee:
Step 1. Log in to talech.com. Navigate to Settings > Employees.
Step 2. Click on an employee to show the employee detail page.
Step 3. Change employee profile or associated roles. Click Save.
Troubleshooting Employee Roles:
If employee permissions are not applying properly for an employee role check the following:
Step 1. Have the employee attempt to clock out.
Step 2. Check for an error message.
Step 3. If there is an error the employee needs to be clocked out, this can be done by deleting the clock in on the timesheets online.
Step 4. After the clock-in is deleted have the employee try logging in to test the permissions.