Link/2500 Required Firmware Update for Elavon Merchants:
If you are an Elavon Merchant and have a Link/2500 Card Reader, you will be required to Update your Card Reader. This Update is Required, you will NOT be able to Accept a Payment until your Link/2500 Card Reader has been updated.
Things to watch out for:
- Be aware unplugging, disrupting the update before completion can cause damage where a replacement maybe needed.
- Be sure to leave the talech App in the foreground while the Firmware is updating. Sending the talech App to the background will Pause/Cause the update.
- It is recommended to perform the firmware update outside of your business hours.
- Ensure your Card Reader is fully charged or connected to a power source before beginning the update.
How to Update Link/2500 Firmware:
Step 1: From your Mobile device, navigate to settings, Select Bluetooth settings
Step 2: Focus your attention to the Link/2500
Step 3: Make sure the Link/2500 is on the Welcome screen
Step 4: On the pinpad enter 0001 and this will bring up the Admin menu
Step 5: From the Admin menu select ‘Bluetooth Parameters’ by pressing the Red Button.
Step 6: You will be presented with a Save and Reboot option choose Yes.
- Please know will see a spinner on the app, and the card reader will go through several screens for reboots and updates, and they have to let it finish while leaving the app up on their phone.
Step 7:Press F3 to highlight ‘Phone Pairing’, then press the Green button..
Step 8: From your Mobile phone, tap the device matching the name displayed on the Link/2500.
Step 9: Verify the pass key displayed on the Mobile Phone matches the code shown on the Link/2500, then press the Green button. on the Link/2500.
Step 10: Then Tap ‘Pair’.
Step 11: Wait for the status of the Link/2500 to change to ‘Connected’.
Important: Once you see "Connected" on your Link/2500 ensure you return back to your Mobile device. This will complete the process.
The Link/2500 is now paired to talech Mobile.
The update is taking longer than 30 min to update, or shows Alert Eruption
- Ensure more than 30 has passed since the update, to avoid interrupting the Reader.
- Restart your Card Reader (Press and hold the power button, then wait till reader fully boots up)
- Confirm your Reader is connected in Bluetooth Settings. (Phone Settings > Bluetooth > check for Link/2500 Connected)
- Try update again
Reader shows alert eruption after booting up:
- This indicates that the Reader might have been interrupted during the update.
- If Reader continues to show alert eruption after Restarting Reader, please contact our Support Team to advise on the next steps.
Q: How do I control when I can update my Readers?
A: The only way to control when you wish to update your Reader is to disable automatic app downloads on your Mobile Phone. This will allow you to manually download the latest version, proceed to update the software on your payment Reader during non-business hours. We recommend you re-enable automatic app downloads once the payment reader update is complete.