Card Number Requirements
Card numbers follow the following format: 1234 1234 1234 0001
Card Number PIN
- Card numbers are 12-digits long and have a 4-digit PIN. When encoding on magstripe or generating barcode, include all 16 digits
- Card numbers must be unique across all stores sharing the same master owner (single store or multi-store accounts)
Gift Card Configurations
talech Gift Cards support a number of configurations.
If you wish to predetermine the balance on a gift card (say $10 because you are printing $10 on the card), you can set up the card to only be activated with the specified amount.
We offer three types of gift cards:
- Fixed: value on the card is set and once depleted, card cannot be re loaded or reused.
- Reloadable: customer can add value to a card
- Hybrid: card can be used as reloadable gift card and loyalty card
talech Gift Cards can either be standard gift cards or promotional gift cards.
- Standard: value on the card is held on behalf of the customer.
- Promotional: the value of the card is deducted from the order. Consult local tax laws to determine whether the promotional value is taxed.
Primarily used for promotional cards, available for all types. Consult local laws regarding expiration dates for gift cards.
What to print on the card
The only requirements for talech Gift Cards are as follows:
If using Magstripe:
- Card number must be encoded on Track 2.
- Card number cannot be encrypted.
- Must use a payment terminal that supports “open card read”.
- If your payment terminal does not support open card read, then you must use a secondary swiper, either a Magtek uDynamo or Magtek iDynamo.
If using Barcode:
- Customer can use 1D barcode (standard) or 2D barcode (QR Code).
- If using QR codes must have a scanner capable of reading 2D barcodes.
- If using 1D barcodes, barcode should be 2 inches in length.
- If using 2D barcodes, QR code should be at least 1in x 1in.
You do have the option to use both magstripe and barcodes on your gift cards.
Uploading Gift Cards
If you have a large number of gift cards to your account by filling in the gift card template (attached below) and sending it to our support team where we will be happy to help you!