The Star Micronics TSP100 or TSP143 printer is a wired thermal printer most commonly used as a receipt printer.
The paper compatible with this printer must be thermal paper and have a width 3 1/8" and diameter 83mm.
TSP100/TSP143 Set Up
- Unpack the Star Micronics TSP100/TSP143 printer.
- Insert the paper roll into the printer.
- Connect the Ethernet/LAN cable into the back of the printer.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet/LAN cable to the router or outlet on the wall.
- Switch on the printer passing the power switch, on the left of the printer.
- Wait until the printer shows a steady green light and no error light.
Printing an IP address
Once your printer is connected to your internet your router will assign it a unique IP address. While talech should find the printer without the IP address printing this out can be helpful to make sure that your printer is connected to the right network.
You can print it out by following the below steps;
- Turn off the printer.
- Hold the ‘Feed’ button located at the front of the printer.
- Turn the printer back on while holding down the feed button.
- Keep the Feed button held down for 2 secs and then release.
- A slip of paper with the IP address on it should be printed.
Setting up your printer in talech
As the steps are very similar for most printers here you can find a helpful guide on setting up printers in talech.
Front Panel Lights Flashing
Here you can find the meaning behind a particular flashing light on the front of your printer.