The Star Micronics TSP650ii is a Bluetooth thermal printer most commonly used as a receipt printer.
Please note Bluetooth devices are not compatible with Android registers, such as the Poynt, Newland and Moby.
The paper compatible with this printer must be thermal paper and have a width 3 1/8" and diameter 83mm.
TSP650ii Set Up
- Begin by powering on the printer.
- Locate the 'Pair' button on the back of the printer.
- Hold the pair button for 5 seconds, then release. The pairing status light should be green and begin to blink after you release the 'Pair' button to indicate the printer is in pairing mode.
Please note, the printer will leave pairing mode after 30 seconds.
- In the iPad settings app tap the name of the printer to pair. If pairing fails, try the pairing procedure above once again as the printer may have timed out. If pairing continues to fail, please refer to Apple's documentation for difficulty pairing devices with iOS.
If you have multiple printers
By default, all Star Micronics printers are labeled 'Star Micronics'. Because of this, you must use the Star Micronics Bluetooth Utility app to rename your Bluetooth printers you will install within approximately 30 feet of each other. Learn more about renaming bluetooth printer here.
This is to ensure the correct printer is connected to the correct iPad. Failure to perform this step in multiple Bluetooth printer installations may result in errors connecting to the printer from the talech register.
If the TSP 650ii must be reset
It's possible if the printer was connected previously it may need to be reset or it may need to be
- Power off the printer.
- Using a pen, hold the reset button on the rear panel of the printer.
- While holding the reset button, power the printer back on by using the power switch on the side of the printer.
- After 5 seconds of being powered on, release the reset button and wait an additional 15 seconds.
- Power off the printer, wait a moment, then power on the printer and re-pair per the instructions above.
Setting up your printer in talech
As the steps are very similar for most printers here you can find a helpful guide on setting up printers in talech.
Front Panel Lights Flashing
Here you can find the meaning behind a particular flashing light on the front of your printer.
Star Micronics TSP650ii Manual