The Star Micronics mG-S8200 digital scale can measure substances from 1.0g to 8200g (or 18lbs). The mG-S8200 scale requires the Star Micronics mPop to communicate with the talech register, you can read more about the mPOP.
Please note: It is the business owner's responsibility to make sure the scale conforms to the requirements of your state, local, or federal weights and measures office. Star Micronics has also compiled useful links and resources for each state here.
Once you have unboxed your scale you can follow the steps below.
1. Attach the pan base to the scale. Ensure that the FRONT side of the plate is facing the scale's LCD display.
2. Tighten the pan base and screw firmly.
3. Mount the weighing pan.
4. Connect the AC adapter. (Note: the scale can also be powered by 4 AA batteries.)
5. Using the level-adjusters located on the bottom of the scale, perform any necessary adjustments to make sure the scale is perfectly leveled. Carefully adjust the feet of the scale until the bubble enters the center circle.
Once the physical scale has been
1. Press the 'On/Off' button to power on the scale and wait until 0g is displayed.
2. Press the 'Menu' button. Then press 'F2' until you see
4 - EXTERNAL I/O. Press 'F4' to make the selection.
3. Press 'F2' to scroll through the menus until you see
43 - BLUETOOTH. Press 'F4' to make the selection.
4. Press 'F4' so that the word 'OFF' begins to flash (Bluetooth is off by default.) Press 'F2' to change this between 'ON/OFF'. Once set to 'ON', press 'F4' to save your changes.
5. Press 'F2' until you see
433 - CONDITION. Press 'F4' to edit the value and press 'F2' until the mode is set to '2'. Press 'F4' to save the changes.
6. Press the 'Menu' button to return to the scale's principal operating mode. Confirm that 0g is displayed on the scale.
talech POS Configuration
Please note that the mG-S8200 must be used in tandem with the Star Micronics mPop, if you haven't yet set yours up please see the guide.
1. Launch talech Register on your iPad and navigate to 'Back Office' > 'Settings' > 'Printers' > 'Advanced'.
2. Set the 'Default Communication Hub' to BT:mPOP this means that your mPOP can be used by the scale to communicate with talech.
You are now ready to begin weighing products at the point of sale! If you need any help setting up your products to be sold by weight you can refer to the following guide.
Star Micronics mG-S8200 troubleshooting
You can find more information about troubleshooting the Star Micronics mG-S8200 here.
Star Micronics mG-S8200 Manual
You can read the manual for the Star Micronics Scale.