The Star Micronics mPOP is a combined thermal printer and cash drawer that connects to your talech system using Bluetooth. It is most commonly used as a receipt printer.
The mPOP is essential when configuring the Star Micronics mG-S8200 weighing scales you can learn more about the scales here.
The paper compatible with this printer must be thermal paper and have a width 58mm and diameter 50mm.
Star Micronics mPOP Set Up
1. Unpack the Star Micronics mPOP.
2. Connect the power cable into the bottom of the unit, using the built-in cable routing pins so the cable comes out the side.
3. Power on the Star Micronics mPOP unit. The power button can be found on the right-hand side near where the cable exits.
4. Insert the paper roll into the receipt printer.
5. Access the Bluetooth Settings on the iPad you wish to connect the Start Micronics mPOP to and ensure it is enabled.
Note: Under "Other Devices" Select the device listed as 'STAR mPOP-xxxxx'.
6. Once the Device is selected, the printer should now connect to the iPad and you will see a 'Connected' message beside 'STAR mPOP-xxxxx'.
Setting up your printer in talech
As the steps are very similar for most printers here you can find a helpful guide on setting up printers in talech.